James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company

I just want to go back to the old method of using my user ID

Customer Question

I just want to go back to the old method of using my user ID and password ***** I cant figure out how to do that. Its complicated -- but that is what I need to do !!!
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: Yesterday I reset password
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: 90 percent on my laptop browser-- 10 percent on my cell-- if that
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: All types of reading--- I just cant figure out how to get rid of cell phone stuff & acct key stuff.. Just want regular user ID & 12 character password !
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No-- just that thanks
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 26 days ago.

Hi there and welcome

Exactly what is the issue you have trying to enter in the User ID and Password? Your not able to get to the box to enter this in?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
The UserID and password ***** in Yahoo has been replaced with texting to my phone stuff. Totally what I do not want.
I just want my userid & password--- on my laptop & cell phone again -- that is all !!!
Expert:  Richard replied 26 days ago.

ok, but can you explain please exactly what you mean with "texting to my phone stuff"?

If you go to the sign in page, what exactly are you seeing?

Expert:  Richard replied 26 days ago.

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
I only see stuff about a code being sent to my cell phone & I need to enter that instead of my regular password.
No option appears to enter my old or new passwords. Just stuff about acct keys !!! this is Yahoo mail.
Can you help me or not !!!
Expert:  Richard replied 26 days ago.

Ok then it is requesting that you verify your account, can you please have the code sent to your cell phone, then enter it in, then you can sign in as normal

Let me know please how you go

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
I need to stop this cell phone stuff.. just regular user ID and password
Expert:  Richard replied 26 days ago.

I understand, but did you see my last message?

Can you please do the instructions I gave you

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
This is not working for me Richard--- I am done for now-- Please just cancel my service-- bye
Expert:  Richard replied 26 days ago.

ok, though I am a little confused why you would not do the instructions I gave to solve this.

But no problem