bbao, IT Consultant
Experience:  Certified Information Systems Security Professional / Certified Information Security Manager / Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

I accidentally deleted all of my emails, trash, and all

Customer Question

I accidentally deleted all of my emails, trash, and all mail. Stupid. It deleted all of my emails from my iMac, my iPad and my iPhone. Are they gone forever?
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?
Customer: It's a gmail account
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Usually my iPhone or iPad. This happened on my iPhone. I didn't think it would delete from all three devices, that usually doesn't happen. Usually the computer keeps info
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I got online and tried to follow instructions. It said to click on the drop down arrow and answer some questions/instructions but when I clicked on what I think is the drop down arrow it only said Contacts or Tasks
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I think that's it. I was trying to clean up my phone because it has so much on it I couldn't back it up
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  bbao replied 26 days ago.

Hi There. I am Bing and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Expert:  bbao replied 26 days ago.

If you access the emails using proper protocol say IMAP, all emails should be still there on the server, except you did delete the server side emails.

Expert:  bbao replied 26 days ago.

Normally, if you did nothing after just deleted all emails in your Inbox, the emails should go to the Trash and stay there by default for 30 days before physically deleted. You still have time to save them. Just log in your Gmail box, then go to the Trash folder, see if they are still there!

Good luck!

Expert:  bbao replied 26 days ago.

Any update please?

Expert:  bbao replied 20 days ago.

Any feedback about your email recovery please?