Richard, Email Systems Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

I'm trying to change my Yahoo password and I went to

Customer Question

I'm trying to change my Yahoo password ***** I went to security and change password, but then it takes me to ATT page and when I change password, it only changes the ATT password ***** not Yahoo password. How do I really change Yahoo
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: 2014
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: On computer thru windows live email
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I called ATT and they said it's Yahoo and gave me phone number. The phone number directed me to a help website and no answer there.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: about 3 weeks ago my calendar stopped syncing with my email, but thats another issue probably
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me the part of your email address AFTER the @ symbol please?

Thank you

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
sbcglobal.net
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

ok, this is done via the AT&T password ***** page, so you are in the correct place.

Complete the process and you reset your password *****

Let me know how you go please

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I did reset it there, but it did not change my yahoo password
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
are you still looking into this?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

ok... it may be your account was never moved.

Use this link

https://edit.yahoo.com/forgotroot

What happens when you reset it there?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
That link just wants me to reset my ATT password ***** it's the Yahoo password ***** want to reset
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Are we still connected?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

That is for Yahoo, so it is for your account. so if it goes to AT&T then you do have to do it there.

What error do you get when it fails?

And please note, we are connected and I am working with you on this, you do not need to worry about this.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It does not give me an error....it only changes password ***** my ATT wireless account and not the yahoo password.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

ok though as you saw thats the yahoo password ***** procedure..

What is the full email address with the problem

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It's***@******.***. This issue is not getting resolved, can you try to help me with a different problem?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

They sent your user Id to the email account, tell me what it is please

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
That is for ATT not yahoo. I have not problem with ATT just the yahoo account. I think this isn't working and I need to cancel my membership.....but thank you for trying.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

they are both the same, the ATT is yahoo, this is what I am trying to indicate to you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Well, they both seem to have separate passwords now.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

If you work with me so I can complete the process I will show you how it works by resetting the password ***** you.

The main thing to note is the procedure starts on a yahoo page.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'll just leave them as they are....thank you for your help.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

ok, but once you have the USER ID which I had sent to you, you use this for the password *****

This is the last bit we need.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I reset the password ***** and it only changed the ATT one, and I don't want to keep messing with it. I'll need to do something else.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

yes, but that was for the AT&T account on the website, that is something else. this is why I needed the User ID from you

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The email shows the ATT access ID is***@******.***
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

ok, looks very normal to me for yahoo and I am at the point with the security questions

Can you tell me the answer to both please and I can reset the password

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm not sure what they are, but I need someone else to check all this out. Thank you for your time.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

ok, but you did this just before correct? So they are what you used before when you said you reset the password *****?

But Ill mark this question to remain open so you can return and do this at any time

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service for now by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The only time I reset the password ***** yesterday and it only changed the ATT one. I did not change it back to what it was and it was never the same as my yahoo account password. That is the one I'm trying to change. I'm getting frustrated because it looks like they charged my visa with $37 when I thought it would be only $5. I need to cancel my membership.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

If you do not know the security questions then it is not possible to reset the password ***** is why I think you did a different process yesterday.

For all payment questions please contact customer service and they can clear this up for you as to how it works.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

your welcome