James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company

When i start ms outlook 2010. a message box says the file is

Customer Question

when i start ms outlook 2010. a message box says the file is busy and won't open outlook. after a reboot, the lock on the file is released and outlook works fine. I stop outlook and restart i get the same message and have to reboot.
JA: How long has this been an issue?
Customer: a week or so. my computer died (ms surface pro 3) and I had to re-load all the software, including ms office suit.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: outlook 2010, i us yahoo as my provider and have the yahoo app on my android phone too. i have outlook configured to delete mail on yahoo after it is down loaded to my local pst file.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I just did a google search and I am still looking for a post with this problem. I have not found one yet and then saw your post. i did not finish reading all of your post and then this box pop up.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Cody replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

Expert:  Cody replied 1 month ago.

Can I remotely connect to your computer, so I can troubleshoot this issue with you?