Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Email expert with over 5 years experience

Just hours ago I lost my LG Android phone on a golf course

Customer Question

Just hours ago I lost my LG Android phone on a golf course (cell #:(###) ###-####.
Does my Android phone have the same feature my last I-phone had to locate it if lost?
Please help - Tim
Email: ***@******.***
Wife cell: (###) ###-####
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Josh replied 1 month ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Expert:  Josh replied 1 month ago.

Android phones have a similar feature to an iPhone.

Sign into the Gmail account that is on the phone

Go to

Type in: Where is my phone?

You will see an option for FIND YOUR PHONE and Get Started

Click on it and you can locate your phone.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Expert:  Josh replied 1 month ago.

I see that you opened a new question by accident and asked a couple more questions.

When you go to and type in: Where is my phone? -- please make sure that you press enter after that

I am attaching a screenshot that will show you the box where it says "Get Started"

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm not getting any type of box in which are the words, "Get Started". I'm guessing, from other information I'm reading up on, that I need to logged into my "Google Account". Well, Josh, I don't know how to do that if, in fact, that is what I need to do first and foremost. Please advise.
Expert:  Josh replied 1 month ago.

I apologize for any confusion -- My first step was to sign into your Gmail account that is on the phone. Are you unable to sign into your account?

If you are unable to sign into your Google account then there will be no way to locate your phone since all features are based on the Google account. It is similar to if you cannot sign into your Apple ID account then you wouldn't be able to locate your iPhone.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Josh - I'm unable to sign into any "Google Account". So, I'm left where I began - without my phone and no way of locating it! I read that I would be charged only $5 as a "Good Faith Deposit"on my credit card. If I was not totally satisfied with the result, I would be charged NOTHING MORE! I'm obviously not satisfied as I do NOT have a way of retrieving my phone. Well, I just got an Email advising me that my credit card was charged an additional $48. This is ABSURD! Please see to it that my credit card account is credited that additional $48, if that is the case.
Expert:  Josh replied 1 month ago.

I will send in a request to customer service for you. Please do not use the rating system otherwise it will delay the process.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you, Josh. I just need to find my phone. EVERYTHING is on that device! If only I knew more about this Google Account I'm supposed to have. I'm just not aware of it. Or, if I was supposed to know about it, I don't know how to get into it.