James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

Unable to add a contact from an email, outlook 2013,

Customer Question

unable to add a contact from an email
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?
Customer: outlook 2013
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Microsoft Surface Pro 3,
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: went to outlook. they showed me how to do it, which I knew how to do. When I right click on the name, nothing happens
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's it
Category: Email
Expert:  John replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. Please give me a moment while I review your question.

Expert:  John replied 2 months ago.

Just to make sure you are trying to add a email address in your inbox email to your outlook address book am i correct?

Sincerely,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
you still there?
Expert:  John replied 2 months ago.

Yes i am

Please open outlook 2013 and open the email that has this address you need to add to address book

Expert:  John replied 2 months ago.

let me know once you have done that so i can give you next step

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm there
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm ready
Expert:  John replied 2 months ago.

Good now click on the address that you need to add to address book and that will highlight it after that right click on that same and you will get the option to Add to outlook contacts

Expert:  John replied 2 months ago.

That will show the details its going to add to outlook contacts if you want to make any changes do that and then click on save that will do it

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I high lighted then right clicked and it does nothing
Expert:  John replied 2 months ago.

That is strange.

Are you sure that address is not already in the outlook contacts ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
name is ***** ***** contacts
Expert:  John replied 2 months ago.

One moment

Expert:  John replied 2 months ago.

Please check this example image and see if that is where you right clicked

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
that's what I right highlighted and right clicked
Expert:  John replied 2 months ago.

If that is not working then the other way is to manually add to contacts which is first highlight the address then right click on it and click on copy then click on people option in the bottom left of outlook then click on New contact on the top left and fill the details and when it comes to enter email right click on that email address field and paste it and once you have filled all the details click on save and close.That will also add the contact.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I waste a lot of time doing the way you explained. I'm wanting to know why it doesn't work the way it was supposed too!
Expert:  John replied 2 months ago.

Is this a proper email address you are trying to add or is it a social network site address like Facebook or LinkedIn,if so then this wont work

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
proper address. I cannot add any contact info from any email from any person
Expert:  John replied 2 months ago.

That is strange,May remote access to your PC and check the issue directly.If so let me know and i can send you the remote assistance offer also It’s secure and also you can see what all I am doing in the PC.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No thanks...I've already waste 5 bucks
Expert:  John replied 2 months ago.

Sorry to say without checking it directly i cannot understand the issue.I will open this question to other experts so that they can try help you fix this issue.

Expert:  Jason Jones replied 2 months ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

Keep in mind that all work on this site is guaranteed, even your $5. May I start a secure remote assistance session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem? When the remote session begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.

Please, send your reply below in the box. After you type your message, click the Send button.

Thank you,
Jason