John, Email Support Specialist
Experience:  I've been in the IT industry for the past 7+ years. I do e-mail password recovery, compromised email account recovery and more.
50152684

I have just unpacked my HP laptop and it is asking for my

Customer Question

Hi, I have just unpacked my HP laptop and it is asking for my outlook password. I do not find any outlook file cards with an outlook account or password. How can I just log onto my new computer with a new user ID and password?
Category: Email
Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. Please give me a moment while I review your question.

Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

Just to clarify are you using this laptop for the first time?

Is it running on windows 10 operating system ?

Sincerely,

Note: - Please reply using the box below.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
it is the 1st time. Right now I am on my older HP laptop. The red one or the new laptop is running windows 10.
Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

I believe the new laptop is configuring settings for you and that is why its asking you login to outlook account or is it showing windows 10 login screen like this

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi, John. Are you still with me?
Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

Yes i am still with you,i believe you didn't see my above reply.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It shows only the start up for windows outlook & required password.
Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

does it show a email address as user name ?

If possible can you take a picture of that screen and send it to me using the add file option in the reply box.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It's showing user email as***@******.***. The 2nd line is where it wants a password. Since I'm on a different computer, don't know how to take a picture & attach it.
Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

No need for the picture i now understand the issue.

Did you bought this PC online or from a store ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
About a year ago I bought it from QVC which is a TV program that sales stuff.
Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

OK first we can try to reset the password ***** that outlook account.Please give me a moment

Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

Do you have a phone number ends with ********28 ? if so does it receive text (SMS) ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I do. It's my cell number and it can receive text messages.
Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

Good in that case we can reset the password ***** your outlook account which is ***@******.***

Please click on this link to open password ***** page for outlook : - https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx?

Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

Once you clicked on that link select Forgot my password ***** then click on next after that enter your outlook email address and the characters below after that click on next

Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

Then select your mobile phone to reset password ***** follow the instructions.

Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

Let me know whether you were able to reset your outlook password.

Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

Were you able to reset the outlook password?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I did on the old laptop, but when I went to the new red laptop, it said that I can't sign into it with my new password.
Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

Is the wi-fi on the new laptop on because for the new password ***** work it has to be online.

There is a wireless radio icon on the lower right of the screen click on it and see if you are connected to the internet.If so restart the laptop and try once again

Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

Here is a image of the wireless radio icon

Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

if that also doesn't work then we can reset windows 10 which will erase the files and then re-install windows 10 just like a new PC.

Let me know the status.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am connected on both laptops to shared network for my home with 5 bars at the Red (new) laptop. What did you want me to do?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ooops, I just finished reading your instructions. The Red (new) laptop in now restarting. So hold on for a minute.
Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

No problem, after the new laptop has internet connection try to sign in using the new outlook password

let me know

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No that didn't work. It says: You can't sign in to your PC right now. Go to accountlive.com to fix the problem, or try the last password ***** used on this PC. (the new one)
Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

In that case we can reset windows 10.which will erase the files and then re-install windows 10 just like a new PC.Is that OK with you?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
it is ok. I will just do the new Red laptop.
Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

OK click on the power icon on the lower right of the screen which will show restart and shutdown options.Now press and hold the shift key then click on restart

Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

here is the image of power icon

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok I have done the above and it has restarted.
Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

Did you get a screen like this after it has restarted

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

Good,click on troubleshoot then click on Reset this PC

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Oops I hit the wrong key. Now there is a screen up the says Recovery Manager. Help. I'm sorry
Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

what all options does it shows ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
System Recovery - Restore your computer to its original factory condition. Minimized Image Recovery. Run Computer Checkup. Show contact information. Precautions: File Backup
Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

Restore to factory conditions will work but if your computer was upgraded from any previous versions of windows then there will be some problem so will use that last option.Restart the laptop

click on the power icon on the lower right of the screen which will show restart and shutdown options.Now press and hold the shift key then click on restart then click on troubleshoot then click on Reset this PC.

Note: - Before you start the reset process make sure no external hard drive is connected to the laptop also make sure the laptop is connected to the power adapter.

Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

Let me know after after you clicked on reset this PC.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It's asking me now on the Reset your PC with the following options: Just remove my files or Fully clean the drive. Which one do I use?
Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

Just remove my files,apps and setting and then continue with the process.

Let me know when it starts the process.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It just started Resetting your PC 39%.
Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

Good during the process the system will restart and then continue by configuring apps then it will ask you get to the part for user account creation.Let me know when you are there and i will guide you to create a offline user account instead of online which you had before.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok, I will. Right now it's only at 45%. Thank you.
Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

You are welcome.

Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

What is the progress now ?

Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

What is the status now?

Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

I am not getting any reply from you so when you are back please do the following to get windows 10 offline user account.

When it give you the option to select between custom settings and express setting click on express settings then in the next screen it will show the option to create online Microsoft account do not use that instead there will be a option to skip this step and it will show a option to create a account for this PC,In that enter a user name for the account then password,re-enter the password ***** a hint for the password ***** click on next.That will finish the set up (Remember the password ***** your windows 10 user account)

In some case the screen may be different after you click on express settings if so there is a option that say i don't have an account in the Microsoft account screen.Click on i don't have an account below.Then in the next screen it will show a form to create new Microsoft account do not fill any of it instead click on Sign in without a Microsoft account.That will show the screen to create offline user account like i mentioned above that will do it.

I hope that helps.If you have any further questions please let me know.

If you do not have any further questions please rate me using the rating options (stars) on the top of this page, select the rating and click on submit. If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/

Sincerely,