Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I have new Windows 10 and I want to move the incoming emails

Customer Question

I have new Windows 10 and I want to move the incoming emails to the right so I can move selected ones into folders
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?
Customer: gmail
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yes this morning
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes there are folders on gmail that are on my screen, but I have folders on my old windows that did not come over so I added the names on my new computer. How do I move those emails to the new folders?
Category: Email
Expert:  michelleclive replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

let me know how do you access your gmail - internet explorer, chrome, firefox, or outlook

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I believe it is internet explorer on the new windows 10

please select any one of the emails you want to move and then click on the move button on top

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Basically I want to move the list of new emails to the right on my screen so I can right click on an email and move it to a folder. Also I have gmail and there are only two of my old folders on the web site. There are three more on my old computer that I would like to have the stored emails on my new computer.

select the emails you want to move to a specific folder
then click on the picture of folder icon and select the folder you want to move it to
then once the emails have moved, open the folder from left side pane and check if you see those emails

if you click on the folder icon and then select create new from the list does it make a new folder