Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

How do I change the number of mailbioxes I have in Google

Customer Question

How do I change the number of mailbioxes I have in Google Mail
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

1. Are you using a Windows computer, a Mac, or a smartphone?
  2. Are you using a web browser like Internet Explorer, Chrome or Safari to access your Google Mail? Or are you using an email program like MS Outlook 2010, or others?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Windows. Outlook.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information. What exactly did you mean by changing the number of mailboxes? Are you referring to adding email folders to organize your emails besides the existing folders like Inbox, Deleted Items, Sent, etc?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I want to decrease the number of mailboxes on my IMAP server.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information. Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check the problems and fix them while you watch on your screen?

Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
You don't understnad my issue. My coompany gets a chagre from Google Apps for 6 mailboxes on Google Mail and I want to reduce the number of mailboxes I am charged for.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for that clarification. I can help you with this problem remotely if you want to that I can also show you how it is done and so that it is done correctly. Also, you need to be the Administrator of your company's Google Apps account to be able to do these changes.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Just tell me how to do it.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 9 months ago.

Ok, I understand if you just want the written procedures for this. Now, please confirm that you are the administrator of your company's Google Apps account.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am
Expert:  Jess M. replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for that confirmation. If you want to decrease your email mailboxes on your Google Apps account, you need to delete the user associated with that mailbox that you want to delete.

You mentioned you have 6 mailboxes there. That means your organization maintains 6 email addresses through the Google Apps account. If you want to delete the mailbox, you need to delete the user account associated with the mailbox.

Here are the steps to delete the user mailbox:

1. Login to your Google Apps Admin console using this link: https://admin.google.com/
  2. From the Admin console dashboard, go to Users.
  3. To delete a single user, in the user list, click More for the user you want to change and choose Delete.

Or from the user's account page, in the corner of the user's profile, click More and choose Delete.

4. (Optional step) Indicate if you want to transfer ownership of the users' content.

5. Confirm that you want to delete the user.
  6. When the deletion and transfer (when you indicated transfer in step 4) are complete, Google emails the primary and secondary domain contacts regarding the action taken

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I did what you said and it didn't work. I have no more time to mess with this thing. I will cancel the charge.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 9 months ago.

What exactly did not work? Were you able to actually delete a user following the detailed steps I gave you? If not, please tell me at which step you were stuck so that I can assist you further.