Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

For some unknown reason my time Hotmail email account was

Customer Question

For some unknown reason my long time Hotmail email account was suddenly locked with a message indicating an Incorrect Password. I got the same message for my outlook account. I know I never tried changing either of the passwords, especially in mid-day. The outlook account came up once I re-entered the password. The Hotmail account didn't and won't. I still have access to both accounts through my cell. I assume once I restart my cell, I'll lose access to them there as well.
JA: How long has this been an issue?
Customer: about a week. I tried going through the Microsoft online process but they continually state my responses were incorrect to their prompts. Now they recommend setting up a new and different Hotmail account. My business uses that Hotmail Email account.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Through my desktop and phone.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I removed the account from my email list on my desktop. Now I can't get it back because it's considered in use and it won't take my known password.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just want that email account/address back operational asap and have Microsoft keep their hands off of it.
Category: Email
Expert:  Dustin replied 9 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 9 months ago.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Also, would you like me to connect to your computer from here and work on the issue directly on screen? If so we can set this up via a secure remote assistance session. That session is guaranteed meaning if I cant help you then you will be entitled to a full refund of all fees.

Otherwise, I can try and assist you via written support alone. Let me know how you'd like to begin.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
This is crap !!! All i'm getting from you all is up-selling and that's not what I want. I used AMX for a reason.... Lots of luck getting a dime form me.
Expert:  Dustin replied 9 months ago.

First, if you do not want to continue.. Here is the refund link

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0

Second, I seen that you posted a duplicate question which I already messaged to have closed and refunded if you were charged.

Now, the reason I mentioned a screen sharing session is because it sounds like you already tried most of the normal steps. And unlike most technicians Im not going to simply send / remind you of the normal steps to reset your password, which you already tried.

Also, I mentioned our service was guranteed meaning if I cant help you, youd be entitled to a full refund. If you can find another tech support company who will make that offer anywhere near the price we ask, let me know!

If you dont want to continue, the refund link at the beginning will help you. If you do want to continue, let me know.

Dustin S

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I don't want to allow anyone access to my PC for obvious reasons. It was a simple question, I run Windows 8.1 and haven't had any issues until this week. Microsoft won't authenticate me on my own accounts and now someone wants more $ to help me. It doesn't sit well and I don't know you or if your intentions are legitimate
Expert:  Dustin replied 9 months ago.

I included the refund link prevously, here it is again. http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0

For reference, here is our companies BBB page http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403/

As far as my intentions, I try to help people as much as possible within the limits of what is possible. And I have to disagree with you, this probably isnt an easy fix as you have probably already exhausted the easy methods such as, I assume you went through every possible password ***** option on this page?

https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx

Truthfully, theres a 50/50 chance I can help you if I connected. For you its really a win win situation. if I cant help you, you get a full refund.

And if I can help you, then you get your account back.

Again, if you can find a cheaper service that offers that guarantee and from an accredited BBB business, let me know.

Dustin S