James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company

Pearl -- i am at wits end. My husband passed away last and

Customer Question

Pearl -- i am at wits end. My husband passed away last and always served as my personal IT guy. So, I am embarrassed to ask this question, but here goes:
JA: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer: All I know is that my email goes through an ATT server. My email address is: ***@******.***. I can't find my list of folders that is usually a column on the left hand side of my email.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: On my portable laptop -- an Acer....Aspire V5-122P-0637
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I don't know how to troubleshoot. I was doing my email and must have accidentally hit something and the folders column on the left disappeared. It happened once before and my husband came in and did something simple to find it/call it back up.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope and thanks.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry for your loss. Please allow me to help you with your concerns. Can you please tell me "how" do you access your ATT emails? Are you using a web browser like Internet Explorer or Chrome? Or are you using an email program like MS Outlook 2013?

Also, can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check the problem and fix it while you watch on your screen?

Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,