Richard, Email Systems Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs

Last Friday (September 9), my email was hacked while I was

Customer Question

Last Friday (September 9), my email was hacked while I was in Italy. When I changed my gmail password ***** Sunday, all the email I received before Friday has disappeared. In addition, now all incoming email comes into my trash box. Are the emails gone or retrievable (a chunk of my life and business are in those emails)? Please help!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Hi there and welcome

The emails should be retrievable.

What you need to do is use this form to request they are returned from the server if they are still there

And allow 48 hours for them to be returned.

To stop the emails going to trash, go to Settings via the gear wheel in the top right.

Then click on filters and delete any filters listed there and it should then correct this.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you