Richard, Email Systems Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

All of a sudden my outgoing emails are bouncing back to me I

Customer Question

All of a sudden my outgoing emails are bouncing back to me I have just updated my password ***** typed it in and its saying its incorrect?
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: Today, about 2 hours ago
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Mac mail and phone
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: iMac
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: This happened before I updated my password, its been running smoothly for the past year so I am not sure whats changed?
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please for which email service this is for? eg: Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Mac mail
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Its my personal account linked to my email address and website I have with Justhost
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Can you click on my link below and tell me if you can sign in there please?

https://login.justhost.com/hosting/webmail

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Its saying this - "Could not reliably determine that address [*****@******.***] is installed on our network.
Please log into webmail through your Control Panel."
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

ok, try to sign in here please

https://login.justhost.com/?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Its saying I am already logged in as "*****@******.***"
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

ok, but sign out and sign in with the account you have the issue with please

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Yep it worked so I am logged into my control panel now
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

now go to webmail there, can you then view the emails?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
There isn't one option to go to "webmail" its saying "Read email using Horde" or "Read email using Round Cube" or "Read email using squirrel mail"?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Yes, this is the webmail, choose Squirrel mail please

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
now I am can view my inbox how do I fix the problem of not being able to send emails from my mac mail?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Its saying - SMTP error from remote mail server
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

ok, now are all the emails in Mac Mail also on the server via the webmail?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
everything is normal and fine on both. Its just I cannot send emails out, they keep coming back to me.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Ok, I want you to remove the account from mac mail and add it again then.

Go in Mail to Mail, preferences

Then click on accounts, click on your account and click the - to remove it

Once done, click on the + and add it again and tell me if you can then send from it.

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Else let me know the results please

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
If I remove the account will it delete all my emails?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
when I reinstall it will it upload them all back on?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

yes, which is why I first asked if you saw the emails on the webmail. As then it will download them again from there

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok great
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Richard, I have just send myself a test email to my work account and its just come through? This is without deleting and reinstalling the account?!
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

ok, looks like then there was a security restriction on the account and signing in via webmail cleared this. Strange they would not message you to do this as this is the normal case

Is it also working on the phone?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
really strange! I will check phone now...
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

should be ok, it was a security restriction which signing in removed.

Let me know the results of the phone please.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Its just "Verifying" but taking ages!
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

when sending?

If so, on the phone hold the home and power buttons until you see the apple logo then release.

Let the phone restart and tell me if it then sends please.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Working!
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Richard, the refundable $5 I paid to take me through to this chat does that go back onto my account after this chat?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Perfect!

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit

Thank you

Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

It is a paid service, you paid for my service to fix this which is what I did.

For any other payment questions, please email customer service on

***@******.***
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
omg I feel sick, I have just been spammed!? I have just spoken to just host who said this is not their service and they don't charge for technical support! I entered my card details to pay a $5 refundable deposit to be put through to a technician. And have just seen i have been charged $42!!!!!
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

spammed??? We are just answer, a technical support desk, and it seems after solving the issue for you you are now accusing me of something?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I went online to speak to JustHost and clicked on their chat link within 5 mins I had a pop up directing me to this site asking me to pay $5 deposit for my question to be answered and they had the question I posted on the Just Host chat box which is why I thought it was legit, then I was put through to you but whilst talking to you Just host chat have come online saying they do not charge for their services and that the pop up box directing me here was spam!
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry but I do not know how to respond to you. No customer has ever accused me of such accusations and I find it really disappointing and mean spirited that you have waited until I solved your problem then started with this type of messages. I have no way to respond to you, I was very polite and respectful to you during the whole process, it's a pity you have ended it like this, its not really how people should be treated.

Email customer service for any questions, as I said before, you can email them on***@******.***

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This is not an attack on you or your service as you can see from my previous reply, its how I was conned into paying a deposit with no notification of any other amount until I received an email saying $42 had been deputed from my account, I did to agree to this nor did I even search for this site I was taken here by spam via Just Host which they have just confirmed. This is not personal it is the way this website is functioning.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

I did not con you. As I said, as I said before, you can email them on***@******.***

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Again, this is not aimed at you but the company, do not take this personally I have already opened up a dispute and my bank have opened up a fraud case to get the money back. Just host has confirmed the link was spam which is a shame because if what your doing it legitimate than this website and they way they are generating business is damaging
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Please, I am asking you kindly, I spent my time and expertise getting your problem solved, I do not require you to launch such attacks at me after you got your problem solved and are now trying to obtain free support. Nothing is spam or being conned or any of your accusations, we have been here 12 years and we have a triple A rating with the better business bureau. Maybe you can consider the fact Just Host do not know what they are doing, especially considering they fact they do not even perform authentication in the right way. We get a Triple A rating, they barely get 5.5/10 JUSTHOST REVIEW

Contact customer service, I will not be replying anymore as I feel it is wrong that you are hassling me in this manner.