Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I was talking with you about a hotmail problem. You switched

Customer Question

Hi Pearl.
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: I was talking with you about a hotmail problem. You switched me to a payment page which Firefox blocked. I chose to 'get out of there'
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: yes and Firefox gave me all kinds of problems. I had lots of sporadic error messages pertaining to insecure sites.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Category: Email
Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. Please give me a moment while I review your question.

Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

I am not clear about the issue you are facing on the computer so could you please explain the issue you are facing.

Sincerely,

Note: - Please reply using the box below.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi John.I'm in a mess. Glad of your help.Pete
Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

Hello Pete.I will try my best to help you so could you please explain the issue you are facing.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
After I updated Firefox a couple of days ago I started to have problems connecting securely to previously OK sites. The errors occurred sporadically and I had to get security exceptions to connect. Yesterday I tried to connect to my hotmail account and used my bookmarks to sign in. The screen just went blank and sat there. I reinstalled Firefox with the same result.
Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for the details.

You mean the Firefox screen goes blank when you try to open Hotmail using the bookmark you made on Firefox?

Which is the operating system installed in the PC.Is it Windows Vista, Windows 7, windows 8, Windows 10 ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ah, forgot that. I use legacy software and I am stuck with XP.
Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

OK then their can be some incompatibility issues with new security in Mozilla but before that have you tried clearing cache,cookies and history on Firefox?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the firefox screen goes blank. The connection seems to be doing its thing. The bottom of the screen has connection sequences but then the login screen (in Firefox) just goes white blank. Nothing. Zero.I tried clearing cookies, cache and history via the options, advanced buttons
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Does a reinstall clear these thing by the way.
Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

No it will remove the installation files and plugins.

We will try resetting Firefox have you tried that and also are you currently chatting to me from the problematic PC using Firefox?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I did try the reset function as well but we can do that again if you like I am using the problem machine and am using Firefox. How about if I just transfer control to you via the secure connection the screen is offering me?
Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

Remote support is a good option but currently i am facing power failure over here and currently using back up so not sure how long it lasts so if i get the main power back i will do the remote support so for the time being we will continue in this chat page.Is that OK with you?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Yep OK. I have copied your name and order number so in case we get dumped I can re contact with you OK?
Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

Good.

Please bookmark this page, use that bookmark to open this page, In case that doesn't work. Then you can get back to this page using the email send by just answer to your email address regarding this question. There is view answer option in the email click on that and you can open this page. You can also use the welcome email from justanswer to open this page too there is a check my answer option in it to open this page. That email also has you justanswer user name and password ***** login.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok, but Firefox won't connect me to my hotmail e-mail account. I just hope that the bookmark works.
Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

OH OK

Once again clear cookies,cache etc in Firefox here are the instructions

Open Firefox then press CTRL +SHIFT +DEL keys on the keyboard and that will show clear recent history window in that select the range to clear history to everything then select all the options then click on clear now once that is done then proceed to refresh Firefox

Open this address on Firefox about:support that will open Firefox troubleshooting page from that do refresh Firefox option.

That will do the reset process after that check it and please let me know the result.

Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

Checking to see whether you still need help.

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi John,
Are you on duty right now. If so then I have to tell you that after following your instructions there was no joy. I can get to my hotmail using IE and chrome OK but Firefox still presents me with a blank sign in screen.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Well I guess I'll contact you later then.
Sleep well
Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

I am online now.I apologize for the delay in getting back to you.

Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

It seems like you are offline so when you are back online, please try to do the following
First check if adobe shockwave player and flash players are up to do date using this link : - https://www.adobe.com/shockwave/welcome/ that link will also alows you to update both

Now see if you have the latest version of java in your PC to check that and update please use this link : - https://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp

After that run this adware cleaning tool to see if some adware is causing it.here is the link : -
https://toolslib.net/downloads/finish/1/

Once both are done then restart the PC and check it again using this link : - https://login.live.com .If that also doesn't work then try this link to open Hotmail : - http://login.live.com/login.srf?wa=wsignin1.0&rpsnv=10&ct=1244571559&rver=5.5.4177.0&wp=MBI&wreply=http://mail.live.com/default.aspx&id=64855&mkt=en-US&lc=1033

let me know the result.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi John,
Tried to contact you but you were not on duty.
I have reinstalled java and flsh player and am about to restart my machine. Hope I can reconnect with you. I have added this page to my favorites so that I can get back.
History,
All this started with the latest Firfox browser download. I now get tons of security warnings and must get a 'CERTIFICATE and bypass something or other. These warning messages are not consistent per site.
I don't have these problems with other browsers and I suppose I could use them so I think the problem is wth the new Firefox upgrade. But I like Firefox and would like to stay with it.
Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

Yes its an issue with Firefox and their latest update but its only on windows XP so i believe its a security certificate issue.

After restart check the issue again and if that fails then run adware-cleaner too and again restart and check it.if that also fails then try both Hotmail links i gave above.

I will be offline for 30 to 45 min so please post the result.

Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

I am back from the break.Let me know

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Still no joy.
Perhaps I should use the securly connect option.
P.S. is this a one time fee or a yearly subscription?
Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

OK will do secure remote assistance,i will send the offer and then you can accept the offer to do remote assistance.

You can use this service as one time fee or for monthly its totally up to you.

Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

To do remote support please click on this link http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=32541bcd-f5bf-485b-96c3-f8dd6445f725 that will open remote desktop session page in that page click on I Agree, then you will get Elisnore Screen Connect Client download and run it. If it asks for User Account Control click on Yes that will allow me to connect once I am connected to your PC I will post a message using the remote chat screen. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know. Do not close this Chat/Q&A page.

Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

It seems like the payment for remote support didn't go through so someone from justanswer contact you to clear that payment issue,In the mean time please click on the above link to start the remote support.

Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

I haven't got the access to your computer, is there any problem opening the link i gave or running the remote support tool (Elisnore Screen Connect Client)?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I just filled out the form again John. The instruction should add a clause that credit card numbers should not have spaces. It worked yesterday. I guess you don't keep payment data on file :-)
I tried to download the file. I get amessage that the Elisnore fle is not a windows 32 application. Thjis is terrible.
Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

Sir i do not have any control or information about your billing details.I am just an expert who helps customers fix their computer issue.

Elisnore is a windows 32 application i believe you are getting that error because you are opening it from Firefox,please try to open it from Chrome or internet explorer and let me know.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi John,
Well I refilled out the payment form and I think it went through OK.
I am using IE. Am having no mail problems with it and am also having no problems with our connection. It seems that IE has a problem with the file. Maybe I can try again.
Nope I get the same message. I looked in my 'temp internet files' and no 'content' subfolder has been created by the downloader. Could this be because I'm still using XP?.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
One more thin John. When I click on your link a widow comes up with the download agreement data but I have to bypass an IE message that tells me that, for my security IE has blocked the site. Not until I allow the bypass do the download grey windows come up. When I hit run I get this error message. Does that help?
P.
Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for the update.I believe because you are using outdated versions of web browsers it will show the security certificate warnings and errors.

If its still not working from IE then please try it from chrome use this short link : - http://tinyurl.com/hg76bwz (no spaces in between)

Let me know

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
OK John,
I'll try chrome. But it will take a while for me. Can we continue tomorrow at this time? Also please verify that my payment went through. Thanks for our session today.
Things I will do.
I will use chrome (I'm not an expert). Then use your links to download the file. I will save it and then contact you using IE.
Thanks again
Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

Yes we can continue this tomorrow.

The payment doesn't seems to have gone through you need to click on accept the offer again but we can do that tomorrow too.

You are welcome

Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

Also when you are ready to continue tomorrow let me know i will give you a new short link because i need to close the current one.

john

Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

Please let me know.

Sincerely,