Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

Someone that previously worked for me hacked in my account.

Customer Question

Someone that previously worked for me hacked in my account. I need it reset immediately for my business account. Everything shows my name and this number.
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 8 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is it email account?

Have you tried anything?

What email do you use, such as Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, etc.?

Can you please confirm the email address you are having issue with?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
gmail.com.
Apple iPad IOS 9.3.5
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hello
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Expert:  Michael Norman replied 8 months ago.

Hello. My name is, Mike. I'd like to try and assist you. You have a Gmail account. I'm assuming maybe that is the account you believe has been hacked. If that is the case then you can retrieve the account using the last password ***** you remember. Below are some instructions to help you.

Please go the following link:

https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery/?hl=en&ard=AHwGkRnekgeou0eBDF3hn93LPyTxWMIymZIA-PHn3e4ShsZk4Zfu1uAPUu4syxysNDihgEE-ngNVLk4u1krxbRtA_hrZ6yfUP6U3kZxMZeMIO4mhoBu_KMnKXeCzFX5kmYEvLk4NwDTe27lex-zC5CIRmrgeIh4r8w

1) Click on "I don't know my password."
2) Type in the email address and hit "Continue"
3) Enter the captcha code and "Continue"
4) Next page where it asks you to enter the last password ***** remember, type in the last password ***** remember or if you do not know what your password ***** hit "I don't know."
5) Next page it may display a secondary email address attached to the account. If you do not recognize the secondary email account, below the "Continue" button in small text click on "Verify your identity" which is in blue text.
6) Then it will ask you for an email address they can use to contact you. Type in your email address and "Continue"
7) Then continue with the verification questions.

Option #2
Go to the following link:

https://support.google.com/a/answer/1047213?hl=en

Follow the instructions under "Contact Customer Support."

You will notice the first item is to fill out their online support form. After completing the form they will open a support ticket and you will receive a ticket number which you didn't previously have.

Then you can call them using the numbers they provide in the second step.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have already done this and nothing

What do you mean, nothing? Do you still not have access to your account? If you follow the instructions provided with the second option it tells you how to contact Gmail directly.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I folowed the directions provided and it didnt retrieve

If you are unable to retrieve your account using the electronic options available, then you can contact customer service directly.

Go to the following link:

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Expert:  bbao replied 8 months ago.

Hello. My name is*****'d like to try and assist you.

I know you have tried to recover your Gmail account but after following the given instructions you were still not able to access your account. Is it correct?

Just want to clarify, did you ever tell your user name and password ***** the one who worked with you?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Didnt work and i tried every password ***** there
Expert:  bbao replied 8 months ago.

Thank for your reply.

FYI - "Hacked" commonly means the control of your account has been grabbed in a forced way. On the other hand is Unauthorized Access which means someone is able to access your account but without your consent. We need to figure out which is your scenario so we can help you work out a solution respectively.

Can I clarify if you ever told your password ***** that person? Or in other words, are you sure that person could access your Gmail account using your (previous) password?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Expert:  Bruce Wilner replied 8 months ago.

Hello. My screen says you requested a new answer less than an hour ago. It is my pleasure to try to assist you. Please tell me what's been going on.