Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Email expert with over 5 years experience
50836188

I have a DAP-1522 wireless bridge/access point. It worked

Customer Question

I have a DAP-1522 wireless bridge/access point. It worked fine in providing internet to my Smart but not wireless Panasonic TV, UNTIL i got the X1 Router and DVR from Comcast. So, I hit the reset button on the bridge and have redone the setup steps. I always get error messages pertaining to the DNS name, like invalid DNS name. The latest says "Home Network is available. However IP address was not acquired. For VIERA CAST use, please check the routers connection (it works fine with all other devices) and settings (eg enable DHCP)". Is the older DAP-1522 simply not compatible with the newer X-1 system? Suggestions?
Category: Email
Expert:  Josh replied 6 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Expert:  Josh replied 6 months ago.

The DAP-1522 is not part of the compatible devices for the X1 Xfinity system.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Expert:  Josh replied 6 months ago.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Expert:  Josh replied 6 months ago.

I still have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.