James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company

My Yahoo Email account was compromised on August 30th and

Customer Question

My Yahoo Email account was compromised on August 30th and now I'm getting frequent emails everyday. To keep it short and brief: I received an email from the Yahoo Email Team indicating my account had a "error" and I needed to "click here" to have it fixed. Once I did click and entered my "password" my account was compromised. This created a great inconvenience for me since I had to call ALL of my account holders and creditors with an new email address to reach me.
The Hacker sent out an "Help Email Message" from me to ALL of my contacts. I don't want to delete the account just yet, I only want to prevent emails from coming in. I do have copies of the initial email and the message that was sent to my contacts. The so called "Yahoo Email Team" email came from:***@******.***
Can you assist me with preventing any more emails from coming into my account?
The email name is:***@******.***
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 month ago.

Hi Pamela, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues with your Yahoo Mail account. I believe this is a phishing attack. The email that you got claims to be coming from Yahoo and the link you clicked redirected you to a "Yahoo-looking" page. When you entered your password ***** and other info perhaps, the info was actually sent to the hacker who created the "yahoo-looking" page and not to Yahoo itself. However, there are ways to rectify this issue and please allow me to help you with this.

First, are you now UNABLE to access the hacked account?
Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,