Dustin, Email Specialist
Experience:  Specializing in Thunderbird, Eudora, Outlook, Outlook for Mac, Mac Mail, Windows Live mail, Incredimail and a few others! Also Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

New IPAD PRO (smaller version) I am unable to SEND email but

Customer Question

New IPAD PRO (smaller version)
I am unable to SEND email but can receive email. When try to send email the following
notice appears: CANNOT SEND EMAIL; USER NAME OR PASSWORD ***** "smtpauth.earthlink.
net is incorrect" OK. How do I reconcile this. Tried changing user name to hadden@ which did not work. Message used to say passwords do not match not user
name. Also, used email password ***** having APPL PASSWORD ***** so need to change this after email fixed. Thanks for you help!!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

Lets try going to settings, mail, and remove the earthlink account.. Heres how

Then, lets hold down the sleep / wake and home button for 30 seconds. The ipad should turn off. Then, turn it back on.

And now, add the earthlink account again following these steps.

Let me know if this works, and if not let me know where you get stuck at .

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.