flopcat98, Consultant
Experience:  Consultant 30 years in nyc computer industry working with PC and networks banks brokerage legal etc.

I don't remember nor can find record of my email password. I

Customer Question

I don't remember nor can find record of my email password. I am unable to send out emails right now. The security question doesn't sound familiar.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

What email are you trying to access? a Gmail, outlook, yahoo etc?

And what device are you using to log in?

In order to help you, I need to know what operating system you have on your device. Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8.1, 10, or do you have a Mac?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Wisconsin Roadrunner
MacPro laptop
OS XEl Capitan Version 10.11.6

Thank you. We need to try and reset the password ***** you know from the WR link. Do you have

an active 'paid' account with them at this moment? Or are you using it as a free email?

Friendly reminder.

If you would like to have a more hands on support through Secure Remote Assistance, I will send you an offer and I will be able

to log in and perform the fix for you. We offer this as an easier solution for clients. It is 100% guaranteed

money back if we cannot resolve your issue.

If you would like to continue with written instructions, that is absolutely fine as well. Just click the reject when you see the

offer and we will continue immediately in this manner going forward.

Only select accept on the offer if you have a working computer we can connect to together and i will

help you reset your email account.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks. You can just talk me through it.

Okay. First, you want to try to do this on a computer. A cell and sometimes tablets do not give full 'view' of options.

And this is important;

do you have an ACTIVE account with them still?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I do

Is this the link you have been using to reset?

Use this link, put in email address and then the captcha numbers and go to next.

Do you see an option for 'different question' or anything other than 'security question'?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No other options

(it is difficult to navigate on my end without 'seeing' the options.) I cannot use your information to do it either.

Anything you put here will show to public. Only remote support option will allow us to exchange information privately)

Do you go thru timewarner or Charter for this? (there are 3 dept merges for roadrunner showing for this)

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sent screen shot of Account info
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
That's OK. Forget it. Not happy with this.

I was actually online with them trying to get them to give me correct information on how to proceed for you.

If you are not happy, that is fine as well. I am ending chat with them and will open this up to another expert.

Good luck.

Expert:  flopcat98 replied 1 month ago.

that is a road runner account

they are provided by time warner cable service usually

Since you pay them for the service you can call them and THEY will be able to help you with the email password ***** they can use your billing information to confirm your identity.