Richard, Email Systems Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

I set up a gmail account several years ago and cannot for

Customer Question

I set up a gmail account several years ago and cannot for the life of me remember what password ***** used. I had a verification code sent to my alternate email address at AOL but when I entered it I got the message that it couldn't be verified that it was my account and won't let me in. I have no idea how to access my gmail account. Please help as I have some invoices that were sent to me that I can't access. Thanks!!
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

When you set the account up, did you specify a cell phone number to be contacted on?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I don't know. If we lived in Florida when I set it up, I no longer have that cell phone number. I cannot remember when I set up the email account, I just know I did it.
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

ok, I wont waste your time or mislead you but unfortunately you are not going to be able to recover this account unless you can remember the password. If the password ***** changed or the account was hacked then you are not going to be able to get back in. It is extremely important that you keep your recovery options up to date since that is your only way back in if you don't have the password. Gmail being a free email service does not offer any support aside from what you have seen online. A few years back they did have more options for people in your situation but now they simply suggest you create a new account.

I am sorry to have to tell you this but unless you can remember or get access to the correct password ***** is no way back in. Gmail states the following "When you register for an account, it's up to you to provide the most up-to-date and valid recovery info. Your best option to avoid losing access is to update your recovery info if you get a new phone number or change your alternate email address. "

So unfortunately there are no options left since you never updated your recovery information. In the interest of saving yourself some time I would suggest you don't spend more looking for a solution in this situation as you have no options aside from getting the correct password ***** am sorry to say. I just don't want to give you hope because in the last year yahoo has completely cut off any type of support and leaves account recovery entirely up to the user meaning if you don't keep your recovery info up to date and forget or lose the password ***** cannot get back into the account.

Again, sorry to have to deliver the bad news but hopefully it saves you some time in the long run and prevents anything like this from ever happening again.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could rate my reply to you by clicking 3 stars are more. I of course understand this is not good news but you are just rating me personally and not Google, their policies, or the situation itself.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok. How do I go about getting the $20.00 credited to my account since this problem cannot be fixed?
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

ill organize the refund