Bruce Wilner
Bruce Wilner,
Experience:  principal at Network Security Labortories Inc.
94527327

I have repeated message that my yahoo account The message

Customer Question

I have repeated message that my yahoo account The message asked me to update my password ***** I have done numerous times. I have not received many of my new messages for the past 3wks. Can you help me please?
Category: Email
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

In order to help you, I need to know what operating system you have on your device. Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8.1, 10, or do you have a Mac?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
windows 10

Thank you. First, can you log into your yahoo account? And if so, what browser, application etc. are you using to access it?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I can log into my account.

Okay, last thing before we troubleshoot. How do you know there are missing emails? or 'few emails'?

We are going to turn off any filters you have first. Please follow the guide below to check if they are in place:

https://c-command.com/spamsieve/help/turning-off-the-yahoo-m

Let me know the results please.

If you are satisfied with the help I have provided, please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating on this page. Your feedback is important as it is the only way I am credited for assisting you. Thank you.
~Franklin

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
because I also get my emails on my smart phone

Great job. That is definitely troubleshooting at its best. Thank you for that.

Filters and settings are usually the culprit. So, we will start there. Your phone is taking all your emails before you computer can get them.

It is a setting on your phone most likely. Can you tell me what model your cell phone is? (this actually happens quite often. we can fix it)

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it is a Apple 5s
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
how am I assured that my problem was fixed and that in the next hour I will not get the message that my settings are out of date again. Was there some change to the settling on my computer or phone that I should be aware of/

Here is what we need to do.

Go to your iphone settings. select mai/contacts/calendars, click your email account,

advanced, then make sure delete from server is set to never.

Also make sure your delete messages is set to at least 7 days or so. Even never, but this will clog up your

email.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
delete from server is not a option

If you computer is not getting the emails, but phone is, that means they are being 'set' to just the phone and deleted

from server before it can hit your computer.

Reasons it will continue to ask you for a password:

Logging in to several devices to access yahoo mail, someone is attempting to log in, not the latest version of the app installed on your phone,

etc.

You can always uninstall and reinstall yahoo on your phone to get it to stop.

What option do you see there? You said this is an iphone 5?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it is a 5s some of your directions aren't matching any settings I have
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
when I click on my Yahoo mail I have these choices notifications, background app r, cellular data.

One moment, i will send you what i followed for your version.

This is a video to turn that feature 'off', but we do not want to delete it from the server. We actually want that delete from server

set to never.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LRZbHUgdus

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am still getting the message to change my password ***** the video didn't help with change the settings. I am frustrated and have run out of time and am not satisfied. Would prefer not to pay for not resolving my problem when it wasn't resolved.
Expert:  Bruce Wilner replied 3 months ago.

Did you actually change your password? You would have received immediate feedback saying "Password ***** changed" or some such.

If you are unable to set a password ***** login, how did you manage to set up your smart phone to receive e-mail? That sounds highly suspect.