Richard, Email Systems Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

Can't access email lost varification phone

Customer Question

Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please for which email service this is for?

Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Gmail***@******.***

Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Thank you

When you say you lost the Verification phone, you mean you do not have the phone at all?

Or you just physically lost the phone and you are awaiting a replacement but you will be keeping the same number?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Lost phone..went to jail and stolen

Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

ok, I checked your account and you had 2 step verification enabled.

If you lost your phone, you can then organize that a SIM card is sent from your provider to you (usually for free)

You then put this into a different phone, and have the code sent to this.

This I advise as the best way forward, else you will need to have the request manually checked, by filling in the form here

https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery

Indicating you cannot access your phone or backup options and filling in the questionnaire.

This they take up to 5 days to process Steve and are the only options available for this situation.