James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I have a yahoo account that was created before my ATT

Customer Question

Hi! I have a yahoo account that was created long before my ATT account. Yahoo mail has been hacked and I can't change the password ***** when I click on "change password" it redirects me to ATT and only changes my ATT password. Yahoo password ***** the same.
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Yahoo account?
Customer: Years I have the original password ***** created years ago. I've never been able to change it.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: phone and web browser
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I'm just reading different chat forums and trying to get to the password ***** but no matter what I try it redirects me to ATT
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just tried logging into ATT with my email address @sbcglobal.net instead of @yahoo.com and it opened up an account and I changed the password ***** too but my yahoo password ***** is the same old one.
Category: Email
Expert:  Bhavik Joshi replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Bhavik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will reply back ASAP.

What is your yahoo email id ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

Is there is any password ***** comes to your mind for this account ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I know the password. That is what I want to change. Are you asking for the password?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Please allow me to clarify the issue - I am unable to change the password ***** my Yahoo account because all password ***** redirect to ATT and my yahoo is not linked to ATT. When I change the password ***** ATT, it does not change the password ***** my Yahoo account. My Yahoo account is sending spam and I need to be able to change the password.

Oh, Okay, I though you forgot it. yes you can send it to me or else I can remotely connect and change the password ***** you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Can you please tell me how to change it?

Sure, Just a min, I will give you screen shots of it. I am also using yahoo and I have that open in front of me.

Login to your yahoo account and then accees this link :-

https://login.yahoo.com/account/personalinfo?.intl=in&.lang=en-IN&.done=https://mg.mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch%3f.rand=733k45s75lkp7&.src=cdgm

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have already been to that link. When I click on change password ***** am redirected to ATT and changing my password ***** does not change the password ***** my Yahoo account. That is why I signed up for justanswer.com support.

This is quite strange. Would you like me to connect to your system and see if your account is linked with it or not ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
How can I cancel this service with justanswer.com

I can contact customer service for this.

Would you like to get entire amount refunded or you would like to give some tip/bonus for my time on this ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I would like the entire amount refunded please. After 90 minutes, we have made no progress on this issue.