James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

The password for pophm.sympatico is not working on my new

Customer Question

The password ***** pophm.sympatico is not working on my new cell phone it is an iphone se
Category: Email
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Good morning Rennie. My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this problem. I will do my best to help. Have you tried logging into your email on your computer just to test to see if it working correctly there? If not, please do so and let me know the results. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it is working good
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Ok. Great. Please give me just a moment to research and see if there are any account setting adjustments that need to be made to allow your email to work properly on your iphone.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My old phone broke I did have backups on my computer it did back it up and it worked good but not email and it is asking for a password ***** not accepting it
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Was your old phone also an iphone? Are you using the built-in Mail app on the iphone to access your pophm.sympatico mail, or are you using a different app? If you use the Safari web browser and try to access your pophm.sympatico mail can you sign in on the iphone from there?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My old phone was an iphone 5 I think. I am using bell sympatico
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

How are trying to get to your mail on your iphone? Are you using the iphone MAIL app? Please try this:

Tap Settings

Scroll down to Mail, contacts and Calendars, and tap.

Do you see your Bell symaptico account listed there?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
there is password ***** the results are password ***** valid
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
host name pophm.sympatico.ca
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Are you able to delete the stored password ***** type in the new password? If not, we may need to delete the account and re-add it. Please advise.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i did put the new password ***** this morning before i called but it is still not working
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I just put the new password ***** again and says it is incorrect
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

I'm really sorry to ask you to do this, but can you test one more time on the computer to be sure that you have not accidentally locked the account by trying too many times on the iphone? Once we are sure that the account is not locked and you can access it on the computer, I will walk you through deleting and re-adding the account on your iPhone. It sounds like you have done everything correctly, but perhaps we just need to start with a clean slate and remove the account from the iphone and re-add it.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am sorry but I will ask my computer specialist to fix it next week he set it all up on my old phone and computer. I have to attend to my wife who is sick
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

That's fine. I understand. Take care.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

On your computer, exactly how are you accessing the account? Via a web page or via an email program such as outlook 2016?

Please let me know