Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I lost my notes today. Can they recovered?

Customer Question

Category: Email
Expert:  GeekGal replied 8 months ago.

Hi there Randy. My name is***** am sorry that you are having this problem with your wife's phone. I will do my best to help you. Was your wife syncing her ios notes with her google or was she using the Google Keep app? Also, when they "fixed" her phone did they do a factory reset? Did they then restore from a backup? What exactly did they do to "fix" it, and what was the original problem that required the fix? I'm sorry about all of the questions but more information will enable me to quickly provide the correct instructions for resolving the issue.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi. They only worked with my phone.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
We have only used notes in our iPhones.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have checked her Google account on my desktop and the notes are empty.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 8 months ago.

Have you tried logging into your icloud account at https://www.icloud.com/ with the account and password ***** icloud to see if the notes might be stored there in icloud? Please check and let me know, I will be logging of the evening soon. If I do not hear back from you before I log off I will check with you first thing in the morning. I am committed to working with you until the problem is resolved.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Notes was not turned on in her iCloud.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I was told by an Apple Geek that notes could be recovered from the GMail account if deleted.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 8 months ago.

There seems to be some confusion here. There is the IOS apps note that is on your phone and there is Google Keep which a separate Google App that is available in the APP store. Both of these programs store notes in the cloud. The iOs app stored notes in icloud. The Google Keep app stored notes in the Google cloud. If the notes are not in either cloud account the only way to retrieve them would be to restore your wife's phone from a backup that was made BEFORE she began having whatever problem caused her phone to be in need of repair. Does she have a complete backup from BEFORE she began having problems?