Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years

Using Readnotify I get repeated errors trying to send an

Customer Question

Using Readnotify I get repeated errors trying to send an email and the email remains in the Outbox. This only happens on this PC which is running Outlook 2016. Could there be compatibility issues? Thanks.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 month ago.

Hi Ken, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Can you please tell me what exactly is the error message that you are getting?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

OK, I'll be back on that PC tomorrow.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 month ago.

Ok, thanks. Please take your time.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

It's doing it intermittently...

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for writing back. Can you please tell me the exact error message that you are getting when sending fails?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

Yes, I attached it before and it's just disappeared...I'll try again!

Attachment: 2016-09-08_041033_send_error.docx

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for that information. Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check and fix the issues while you watch?

Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

No thanks - It's more than my monthly subscription. I tried this yesterday and ended up not far from where I started.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 month ago.

Hi Ken,

Thank you for writing back and I respect your decision regarding remote access. I can continue to help you through this chat method. Please follow these steps:

1. Close all other programs EXCEPT your Outlook
  2. In your Outlook, locate the Outbox folder and open it
  3. All unsent emails are stored there. Please DELETE all stuck unsent emails there. If these emails are important, before deleting them from Outbox, please create a temporary email folder, then drag and drop these stuck emails to that newly created temporary email folder to save them there. Then delete them from the Outbox folder.
  4. When Outbox is empty, close Outlook
  5. Right click on the Start button (the Microsoft logo at the lower left corner of the screen) and then select Command Prompt (Admin)
  6. In the command prompt, type this command, and press Enter. Please note that there is a space between c and /.

sfc /scannow
  7. Allow your computer to complete the scanning.
  8. Restart the computer then test your MS Outlook

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,