Richard, Email Systems Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs

My Computer was hacked and I was not able to receive any

Customer Question

My Computer was hacked and I was not able to receive any e-mails. s has been fixed, however, now I cannot send any e-mails.Please advise
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please for which email service this is for? eg: Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail?

How do you access it? Via your email browser or via an email program such as outlook 2013?

And when you try to send an email, what is the exact error you receive?

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
We use Gmail. It is accessed through our browser. I receive a notice that I have exceeded the limit.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

ok, this is because the person who hacked your account sent out too many emails so it was treated as spam.

This lock is generally put in place for 24 hours to stop you spamming and is then lifted.

How long has it been for you?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Approximately 24 hours
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

ok, in 99% of the case it is 24 hours, you see the policy here

From the moment the limit was placed.

Ensure you wait this out in its entirety and if you still have the limit, then you will need to request it is released here

It is rare you need to do this as nearly always, especially on a first violation it will lift, but if not and you are 100% sure its longer then 24 hours then you need to use that form.

If they event they reject the request, then they have labelled the account as a spam account and you would need to create a new account and forward emails from this account to that one via the gmail fetcher (so it retrieves them, avoiding the sending limit) which you can set up with these instructions here

These are all options you have in your situation.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you