flopcat98, Consultant
Experience:  Consultant 30 years in nyc computer industry working with PC and networks banks brokerage legal etc.

I have been using MS Outlook 2010 on my PC for the last 10

Customer Question

Hi I have been using MS Outlook 2010 on my PC for the last 10 years. My .pst file is larger than 16 GB (After I have archived a lot of my data and compressed the file). I want to now switch to a Mac, and I have tried importing this .pst file to my Mac Outlook 2011, but the systems freezes and the file never gets imported. I want help exporting my entire outlook data from windows to my mac. How do I go about this?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  flopcat98 replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your computer question.

Expert:  flopcat98 replied 1 month ago.

If the size is a problem you can try creating new PST files and loading them all into outlook and moving emails to the new ones so you have 5 PST files of 3gb instead of 1 of 15

You might also try running the scanpst program that comes with outlook to compact the file and check for errors

Before that you should

Make sure the deleted folder is empty

And run the compaction routine under tools maintenance