Dustin, Email Specialist
Experience:  Specializing in Thunderbird, Eudora, Outlook, Outlook for Mac, Mac Mail, Windows Live mail, Incredimail and a few others! Also Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I forgot my password oninspiron mini. I have tried

Customer Question

I forgot my password ***** mini. I have tried everything to recover to set to factory setting. no luck.
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: maybe 2 years ago.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have not used it for two years!
JA: The email expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I tried power and F9 simlutanously. no luck
Category: Email
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8,or Windows 10 ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Window xp
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

Thank you.

Lets try this first, if it doesnt work or if you get stuck let me know as there are other steps we can try.

Shut down the XP computer. Then, press power and immediately start tapping the F8 key.

Choose safe mode with networking.. Then, let me know if you see a second administator account, or an account besides your normal account.

if you see the second admin account, click it and try to login. If you can login.

Then, you can go to the control panel, user accounts, manage another account. And then you can then reset the password ***** your main account, using the built in admin account.

Once you have changed the password.. Shut down, and then try to si gn into your normal account.

That should do the trick.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
As soon as I turn the power on, it will ask to 'strike F1 key to continue'
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

Instead of hitting f1..

What happens if you rapidly tap the f8 key as soon as you press power? Does it go to a boot option menu, if so.. then follow these steps

That should do the trick.

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I thought I will be charged only $5! Why I received an email that I was charged reming $37?!!!!!!!!
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

On the screen that shows you what you are charged, it says clearly 5$ is a good faith deposit and the rest is charged after your expert responds.

With that being said, our services cost much less then other major providers.. such as the geeksquad who will bill you around 150$ to resolve the issue.

Have you tried the steps I suggested as of yet?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am still trying to get F8 to work! I did not want $42 charge for the same thing that was already on the Internet. Please refund my money. If it is going to cost me $42, I am not interested.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I will try different solutions until I find an answer. This is not right!
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

The internet has a lot of things on it. And again, I mentioned if the first steps didnt work to let me know so we could work through the process together.

With that being said, Im going to send you the refund link as you cannot reasonably expect licensed technicians to work on issues for 5$ !

best of luck to you, here is the refund link. http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0