IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

Well, I did not want to change my password, but did and now

Customer Question

Well, I did not want to change my password, but did and now AOL says that I need to get my password ***** Can I give you my REAL password ***** AOL? It is very lengthy and I do NOT want to change it!!
JA: How long have you had this issue with your A.O.L. account?
Customer: Just right now!
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I just want to get my saved password ***** - No trouble, I was on here all day with my password.
JA: The email expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Nope
Category: Email
Expert:  IT Miro replied 7 months ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you with the problem you described.

Please tell me if you are currently able to access your AOL account using a new password?

I am awaiting your reply.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I just put in my password..it says it is invalid..what now..have had this saved password ***** a year now..do NOT want it changed!!!!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I don't want to pay anything..please erase my credit card it was stupid of me to put it out
Expert:  IT Miro replied 7 months ago.

Unfortunately, once you change the password, the old one cannot be used any more for security purposes. Only new password ***** be used.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 7 months ago.

If you are unable to access your AOL account, I can assist you with the password *****

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok..I just put in my new password.but I hate it. My other one was so cool..guess I will just have to tough it out...thanks...now can you erase my credit card?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 7 months ago.

Unfortunately, that is how AOL security works. If you attempt to change the password ***** the one that was used before, you get this error message:

"This password ***** recently used. Please try a different one."

So, you will need to use your new password ***** now one.

If there is anything else I can help you with, let me know.

Regards,

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
You have bbetter not Bill my credit card..I am 71 years old and have no idea what you people are pulling on me!! I a
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am calling my credit card company
Expert:  IT Miro replied 7 months ago.

You came here for assistance, so I provided assistance. Isn't that what you wanted?