technicalcat
technicalcat, Consultant
Experience:  20 years combined corporate and small business experience.
65369237

My husband, Pounds has had a facebook account for years. I

Customer Question

My husband, Brad Pounds has had a facebook account for years. I read messages from my children but don't talk on it. Now I find it in a memoralized state. I am sure this was done by a jason mahon as I didnt ask for this. I dont want my grandkids or any other family members to see this as remembering Brad Pounds. I am his wife, this was our shared computer and email address, This conflict has been caused because my son asked Mahon to remove photo of Brads birth certificate he posted on facebook. How can I get this account reinstated
Category: Email
Expert:  technicalcat replied 8 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble. Are you trying to get a memorialized account reinstated?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am wife

OK, Facebook has a request page for this. I have linked it below. You'll need to be logged out of your facebook account to access it.

https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/292558237463098

IMPORTANT

Please remember to rate my time and help to you before you go. I continue to help before and after rating, and strive for excellent service. A positive rating is the only way I receive any credit for helping you today. Thank You.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I will try the link but do I continue to get your help if this doesn't work

Yes, please rate my time and help before you go. I continue to help until you are satisfied.

However, keep in mind that Facebook will need to determine if they are able to reinstate the account. So make sure to give them the best information , copies of ID's and so on that they ask for, and please be patient, as it may take several days or longer for them to complete the task.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok. Link says they can't reinstate without uploaded photo of drivers license showing his name and pic. That won't happen

I read your question again, but I need to confirm on something. Are you trying to reinstate a memorialized page for someone that is deceased?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Sorry but I already had this info from help center. Yes he died in 2013

Facebook isn't going to allow you to reinstate a memorialized page for someone that is actually dead. However, you may be able to make a request to take the page down, if that is what you'd like to do.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No. That isn't my wish. But thanks for trying to help

You're welcome, and sorry for the confusion, but yes, that would be a violation of Facebook policy. I would recommend to keep the page memorialized if you want it to stay up in memory.

IMPORTANT

Please remember to rate my time and help to you before you go. I continue to help before and after rating, and strive for excellent service. A positive rating is the only way I receive any credit for helping you today. Please only rate my time and help, and not the situation, or the memorialized page, as I have no control over that. Thank You.