Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years

Some one set up a face book page with out my knowledge

Customer Question

some one set up a face book page with out my knowledge concerning my business saying it is permanently closed . So if you do a Google search face book brings you to this page
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 month ago.

Hi Anathan, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. There are two (2) things that you need to do in order to fix this issues.

First, you need to report this fake page to Facebook so that Facebook can take down the page. Only Facebook can do that but with thorough verification that indeed you own the business but not the page.

Here are the steps to report the fake page to Facebook:

1. Please follow the procedures on this link:
  2. On that page select Trademark or Copyright and then follow the dynamic procedures to submit the report.

In this case, it will not take effect immediately. Because of the size of the Facebook community, it will take some time for Facebook team to check, verify and act on your request.

If your request will be successful, and if you DID NOT request to CLAIM the page, then you need to proceed to the second step. And that is to file a report to Google to remove that fake facebook page in its search results. Again, in this step, it will not take effect immediately. It can take a while for that fake facebook page to disappear from Google search results.

Here are the steps to file a report to google to remove that fake facebook page:

1. Please click on this link:
  2. On that page, select "Remove information you see in Google Search"
  3. On the context content that appears, select "Only in Google’s search results"
  4. Then follow the next procedures presented to you.

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,