James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

My brother is unable to receive my email from my iMac, but

Customer Question

My brother is unable to receive my email from my iMac, but is able to from my husband, who has an iMac. It there something in my settings that may be causing this?
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 months ago.

Hi Sue, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. There are two things we need to check on this regard. First, the fault could be from your end -- the sending party. It can also be from his end -- the receiving party.

What we can do here is to check and fix issues from your end, and advise him if the issue is from his end.

To start, are you getting any Failure Delivery Notification (FDN) after few hours of sending the email to him?
Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No
Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information. Are you able to receive an email from him?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 months ago.

Ok, two things. Is he NOT receiving your emails when:

1. You send a fresh email to him? Meaning, you compose a sample email, manually enter his email address or pick it from your contacts list.
  2. You hit reply in one of his emails?