Richard, Email Systems Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs

I am using Gmail. Yesterday I sent an email to a group of

Customer Question

I am using Gmail.
Yesterday I sent an email to a group of people with an attachment.
This morning I received an email from Bill Parisi asking me to take him off my list.
I don't know this person (he is not in my contacts) nor did I put him on my email.
Can you explain why gmail added him to my private message?
Will this happen again?
Thank you,
Phil Milbert ***@******.***
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Gmail will not have added it Phil, the system has no way to actually do this.

Ask him to forward the email to you, is he able to do this?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will not respond to him. That could only lead to problems if he is trying to hack into my computer.You have not answered my questions to my satisfaction.Phil
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

ok Phil, can I ask what more information you need? As its not possible for Gmail to add people to emails, it's just not done.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
If it is not possible then, why did it happen? I am not making this up. I know you may have not have seen this before and think it is just not done but it happened.How do I prevent it from happening again?Phil
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

It has been either added by accident or forwarded from someone else, but to know for sure I would need to see his copy of the email, then I can tell you Phil.

the only thing you can do on your side is to always check he is not in the To address list. It is possible he uses another email address that is forwarded, so it may not be clear if your adding him or not.

The only way for me to confirm is to see the email he received.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I checked the email I sent and he was not on the list. I checked all the recipients and there was no errors in their addresses. That is why I was so surprised to see him respond to an email that was not sent to him.
If you have to have the email you can email him and ask for the email.Your answer is still not acceptable.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

ok... please understand Phil I do not have all the information from you I would need for this....

Can you please obtain the email from him, so I can give you a complete answer.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I think I explained why I will not do that.You may contact him on my behalf and explain the situation and get the information.Phil
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

No problem Phil, then I cannot give you an answer you will find acceptable as you feel Google have done this.

I have decided therefore to opt out and stop working with you

thank you and all the best

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your time. I know this is a tough problem and needs a Google's Gmail response.Will my $52. be returned or where do I go to get a refund?Phil