James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

My gmail email icon disappeared and I cannot get any emails

Customer Question

My gmail email icon disappeared and I cannot get any emails or send them from that account.
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?
Customer: a few hours
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I signed into another email service using my regular email address but that isn't working.
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No. this is my only problem. Glad to get this help.
Category: Email
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 3 months ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

I must ask a question or two before we begin. Thank you in advance for taking the time to answer.

Which program do you use to access your email (Outlook, Mac Mail, Entourage, Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc)?

Thank you,
Jason

P.S. If you do not know the answers to any of my questions or are confused about something, please let me know by replying on this page.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
earlier today I had an icon that I clicked on which brought up my emails and related services. I think it was accessed through Google. I also have Internet Explorer but when I click on that icon Google comes up. Does this answer your question? Can you restore my email service using the same email address that I have been using?

I can restore the email service. Thank you for the update. May I start a secure remote assistance session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem? When the remote session begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.