Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Email expert with over 5 years experience
50836188

I have been unable to send or receive messages on my MSN

Customer Question

I have been unable to send or receive messages on my MSN (davenjoa) account.
The error message reads exactly as follows'
Server Error: 9219
'https://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/Sync.aspx'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x8DE00005
Please help!
Category: Email
Expert:  Josh replied 3 months ago.

Hi Jo,

Microsoft made some changes which caused the Windows Live Mail program to no longer connect. Unfortunately there is not a fix for this issue, however there are a number of alternatives and work-arounds. But as far as using the windows live program go it is not going to be able to connect. So the short answer is the Windows Live Mail application does not support the modern synchronization technologies which they are now using.

I suggest you read through this article which explains everything that is going on and what you can do to use your email: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Windows-Live-Mail-2012-will-not-connect-to-Outlook-com-45453b92-373b-4bbb-88ca-f8ec74f8e8fd

If there is anything you do not understand please let me know. If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I had already received a FREE one year copy of Office 2016. So with the directions that follow in one of the Many tabs, I have entered my e-mail information in Outlook. I must restart my computer to see if this is successful .... so don't know how to reply to you after I restart my computer.
Expert:  Josh replied 3 months ago.

You can return by going to Justanswer.com and clicking on My questions and signing into your account

OR

You can use the links in your email account if you set that up when you first signed up with Justanswer

OR

You can bookmark this page by pressing CTRL and D together on your keyboard and return through your favorites

Expert:  Josh replied 3 months ago.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Expert:  Josh replied 3 months ago.

I still have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.