Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

After I do a sender search in my yahoo.com email, for some

Hi. After I do a sender search in my yahoo.com email, for some reason yahoo does not open the mail that I click on. I just get a blue screen. Can you help?Thanks.

I'm sorry about the issue. When you get a blue screen, does the computer has to be restarted?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10?
Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Viet, I don't want to pay extra for remote troubleshooting right now. I don't think it's that complex - I think it's probably something simple that I am not aware of right now.I have Windows 10. It is not that I am getting a complete blue screen - I don't think it's a Windows thing, I think it's a yahoo thing.When I click on the email that I want to read (if sent to me by someone), no file gets opened that I can see. But I can still see the left edge of my email viewer. On the other hand, if I click on an identified file that "I" sent, then I "can" open that file.....Thank you.

What is your internet browser program, such as Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, etc.?

What is your email program?

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I use Mozilla Firefox.I use Yahoo mail.

Thank you. To confirm, this issue only occurs when you are using Mozilla Firefox. Is that correct?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I don't use other internet programs (Microsoft/internet explorer), so I don't know.But it "does" only happen when I try to open email that I searched for that was sent to me by others.

Please try the following fix:

- In Firefox, click on the 3-bar icon at the upper right corner, then click on History, then click on Clear recent history, then click on the dropdown list at the top, then click on option Everything, then uncheck all boxes, then only check the two boxes Cache and Offline Website Data, then click on Clear now at bottom and check.

- If that does not work, in Firefox, click on the 3-bar icon at the upper right corner, then click on ? (question mark) icon at bottom, then click on option Troubleshooting Information, then click on Refresh Firefox..., then click on Refresh Firefox

, then once Firefox is restarted on its own, click on 3-bar icon at upper right corner, then click on Options, then type yahoo.com in the Home Page box, then close Firefox, then re-open it

, then check email in Firefox and search in Firefox.

Please let me know. Thank you,

How are you? It's been a few days. Do you still need help with this issue or with anything else?

Please reply back to continue. Thank you,