James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company

I, I'm not sure what I did: I was trying to install an

Customer Question

JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: I'm not sure what I did: I was trying to install an upgrade from 10.11.5 to 10.11.6. In any case, now Thunderbird won't open at all.
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?
Customer: I'm not sure. There are things I obviously don't understand. I aborted the upgrade I mentioned; restarted after copying from an external disk; and then Thunderbird refused to open
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I've restarted a couple of times. I've checked with two antivirus programs to see whether there was any viruses. There weren't any. I don't know why Thunderbird has suddenly stopped working.
JA: The email expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I think that's about it.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check and fix your Thunderbird issues while you watch?

Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,