Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Email expert with over 5 years experience
50836188

I have two live.com email accounts that no longer work on

Customer Question

I have two live.com email accounts that no longer work on Windows Live Mail. What settings do I have to change to get them to work? Thank you.
Category: Email
Expert:  Chris L. replied 3 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience.

Microsoft made some changes which caused the windows live mail program to no longer connect. Unfortunately there is not a fix for this issue, however there are a number of alternatives and work arounds. But as far as using the windows live program go it is not going to be able to connect. So the short answer is the Windows Live Mail application does not support the modern synchronization technologies which they are now using.

I suggest you read through this article which explains everything that is going on and what you can do to use your email:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Windows-Live-Mail-2012-will-not-connect-to-Outlook-com-45453b92-373b-4bbb-88ca-f8ec74f8e8fd?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US#BKMK_TermsConditions

If there is anything you do not understand please let me know.

Please take a moment to click the stars above, 3 or more to acknowledge I have provided an answer to your question. Remember the rating is just for me, you are not rating microsoft or their policies and changes which I understand are frustrating.

Thank you,

Chris

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The article, which I have previously read, states: "The built-in Mail app on Windows is the recommended replacement for Windows Live Mail 2012 application, and is the most-used email application among Outlook.com users today. It is designed to work with the new Outlook.com, offers a more modern and touch-friendly interface, and integrates elegantly with the Windows platform. The Mail app comes pre-installed in Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. Like Windows Live Mail 2012 application, the Mail app on Windows is free. "I have the Windows 10 Mail app that installed with the Windows 10 update, but my live.com accounts will not work with it. I do not know what the settings should be. According to the article, live.com email should work with Windows Live Mail. This is the error message I get:Unable to send or receive messages for the Live (thelittleladderstore) account.Server Error: 3219
Server: 'https://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/Sync.aspx'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x8DE00005
Expert:  Chris L. replied 3 months ago.

Did you set up the accounts in the windows 10 mail app, this is not the same as live mail.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
that did not work either. I got a different error message. I went back and deleted the accounts and resubmitted them, and now they work again (they were working two weeks ago before I went on vacation, and suddenly would not sync with my smart phone). I also have on pop3 account that will not sync with the old Live Mail 2012 so that the files will transfer (it worked on my other three). Any ideas on what I should look for? I can't see where I made any errors.
Expert:  Chris L. replied 3 months ago.

I am sure I can fix this for you via remote access however I am out for the night so what I am going to do is open up your question so another expert can take over. They will take care of it for you. You will receive an email when someone is able to help.

Expert:  Josh replied 3 months ago.

Hi!

@live.com will not work with Windows Live Mail -- In the article, you will see it listed as one of the email domains that does not work.

I am reading over your conversation with Chris but I do not see where you need help since @live will not work with Windows Live Mail. Can you let me know how I can help you?

Expert:  Josh replied 3 months ago.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Expert:  Josh replied 3 months ago.

I still have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.