thomastech, Software Tech
Experience:  Expert in email clients or cloud servers

My wife's iPhone will let her receive but not send emails.

Customer Question

My wife's iPhone will let her receive but not send emails. She was told to re-enter her password, but that didn't work. We're out of town and she doesn't remember her password ***** sure, it's written down at home in Dallas. Is that really the problem, or is it something else?
Category: Email
Expert:  thomastech replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help!

In short, yes the password ***** be required. Without it the phone cannot talk to the SMTP server. What email service are you with?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We have our own domain name, It was set w GoDaddy by a tech at my office, who is no longer around ( I retired &I closed my office in 2913). I can't find on the web. I don't know a password ***** GoDaddy

That's a problem if the site was registered through your IT person's email address. There is a forgot password ***** to godaddy HERE but if he registered the account in his name and email you won't get the password ***** link. On the other hand if he used your email address to set it up you will.

It is important however that you have access to the GoDaddy account that your domain is registered with. Give them a call and if you can prove that this is your domain they should grant you access. (480)(###) ###-####/a>

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can't change PW w GoDaddy. Is secure a provider? If not, I'll call GoDaddy and try that.

Yes, that is GoDaddy's servers. The SMTP is