James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company

I have a Hotmail email address and as such I have always

Customer Question

I have a Hotmail email address and as such I have always synced my email through Windows Live. In the last day or so, it seems Hotmail has now become Outlook, with a new website format. Since this change, my email will no longer sync through to Windows Live - nor can I send. I get the Server error: 3219 and Windows Live Mail error: 0x8DE0005. I wish to continue using Windows Live - can you help me with this issue?
Category: Email
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have windows 7. I just need to know how to fix the problem. I don't normally need help with emails. This is a one time issue.
I don't want you taking over my computer.
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

O ne more question, do you know if you are using windows live mail 2011, or 2012?