Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years

I have an msn account. My computer was hacked and they may

Customer Question

I have an msn account. My computer was hacked and they may have taken the information to establish a gmail account for Robert and/or Margaret Svenson. My email address***@******.***. I need to know if an account under my name was established anytime in the last two weeks. Thanks for your help. I have tried in vain to find a phone number to call about this
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Are you using a Windows computer or a Mac?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information.

I highly recommend securing your Mac first by performing a scan and removal of possible malwares that could have caused the hack. If you want, I can remotely access your Mac so that I can perform the security check and remove possible malware infection.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I just need to know if an account was established in my name in the last two weeks. If you can't get this info maybe you have a phone number I can call
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It would be a gmail account.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information and I respect your decision regarding remote access. Unfortunately, I do not provide phone support. I only provide chat support like what we are doing now, and remote access support.

Regarding your email question, yes, there is a way to check if email accounts were created under your name or derivatives of it. But please let me explain further my answer.

Nowadays, it is very easy to create an email account for free, like Gmail. And Gmail does not verify if the person creating the free account is really he who he claims to be. That is, bogus or fake accounts can be easily created.

However, there is NO way to know when these accounts are created. It is only the person creating the account can remember when the account was created. In fact, there is no information regarding the date of the account creation in any email profile.

Now, email accounts can be created in various formats, including a combination of names, family names and numbers. So the only information that we can dig here is through your proper name, not the email account.

Let me explain that further.

For instance, your name is ***** *****. An email account, Gmail as you requested to search or inspect, can be created as [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], and many other variations.

Please notice that your name can be absent on the username altogether, my last example, [email protected]

So the only way to search for possible email account on your name is ***** ***** profile name, the one that you fill out for First Name and Last Name when you sign up for an email account.

And to do this digging for possible email accounts under your name, you need to use a reverse email search service like Spokeo. This service will allow you to search for email addresses of persons online.

Here is the link:

In that page, you need to click on NAME to allow you to search for accounts created under your name.

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 months ago.

Besides Spokeo, you can also perform people search on this site:

Like Spokeo, you can search online account through people's names.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 months ago.

How is it going? Did my answer help?

If you need further assistance, or follow up questions, please let me know. I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you for using our service.

Best regards,