James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

RECENT PROBLEMS WITH WINDOWS 10 HAS CAUSED ME TO LOOSE SOME

Customer Question

RECENT PROBLEMS WITH WINDOWS 10 HAS CAUSED ME TO LOOSE SOME OF MY PROGRAMS. ONE IS THE 2014 UPDATE "SCANSOFT OMNIPAGE SE4". COULD YOU ADVISE IF A DOWNLOAD COULD BE SUPPLIED. REGARDS, ***** *****
Category: Email
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

If you still have the program, it will be here: Installation folder: C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\OmniPageSE4\.

Can you look to see if it is still there to install or if you need a fresh install?

(do you have a disk for this or need the internet download if available if not?)

~Franklin

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No disc will need download. Sorry for slowness I am 80 years old and trying to stay in 20th century. Regards

Take your time.

Did you pay for this product before hand via cd or website? Or did you use a trial version of it?

(we need to see if C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\OmniPageSE4\ is in your computer)

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Before hand via website. $5.

I can send you a remote offer and go in for you if you want to locate the file and run it if you cannot find it in c drive?

This is to offer to get you to follow connection steps and you and i will be 'in' our computer together so you can see

what i am doing to fix it for you.

or we can continue 'here' written directions.

Friendly reminder.

If you would like to have a more hands on support through Secure Remote Assistance, I will send you an offer and I will be able

to log in and perform the fix for you. We offer this as an easier solution for clients. It is 100% guaranteed

money back if we cannot resolve your issue.

If you would like to continue with written instructions, that is absolutely fine as well. Just click the reject when you see the

offer and we will continue immediately in this manner going forward.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Would rather struggle through if is possible with just download site (cost?).

Okay, but you already have it in your C drive.

If you go to your c drive, program files, scansoft, omnipageSE4.

Another way to check is for you windows 10, press the windows key + X.

Then select programs and features.

Then look for scansoft or omni from those programs. Do you see it there? (do NOT click on it if you do. it will uninstall it).

The reason i hesitate is downloading multiple versions of anything if you already have it causes crashes, incompatibility etc.