flopcat98
flopcat98, Consultant
Experience:  Consultant 30 years in nyc computer industry working with PC and networks banks brokerage legal etc.
23372949

I can't send e-mails. A message I receive when trying is:

Customer Question

I can't send e-mails.
A message I receive when trying is: "The server response was: Daily user sending quota exceeded v7sm121682itd.6-gsmpt"
I have not sent more than a few e-mails yesterday and I didn't send many on any day.
What do I need to do to be able to send e-mails?
Category: Email
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 3 months ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

I must ask a question or two before we begin. Thank you in advance for taking the time to answer.

Who is your e-mail provider? Please, do not enter your full email address. If you do that, it will be blocked. For that reason, please tell me what comes after the @ sign.

Which program do you use to access your email (Outlook, Mac Mail, Entourage, Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc)?

Thank you,
Jason

P.S. If you do not know the answers to any of my questions or are confused about something, please let me know by replying on this page.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
gmail
mac mail

Thank you for the update. May I start a secure remote assistance session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem? When the remote session begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.

Are you still with me?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Do you have an answer for me? Or are you requesting still more money?

I am not requesting money. I am asking if I can remote into your system and help you fix this problem. I see that there has been a payment failure. Your bank may have blocked payment. You will need to contact them and request that they remove the block. At that time, we can continue.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My bank charged my credit card five dollars, then $48, then $34 which I approved. I am reluctant to pay anymore money considering that I haven't received anything but requests for money. Also, I don't understand what is meant by "remote into your system". If that means giving a third-party remote access to my computer and all of the data and passwords in it, I am not comfortable with that. I simply want to know how to get Google to unblock my account which has been blocked for exceeding my daily allocated usage quota dash which I have not.

I have remoted into computers scores of thousands of times, with no problem. The only 'access' I will have is that I will be able to chat with you while I am connected and I will be able to move the mouse around. I understand your anxiety, however. I will go ahead and opt out now because I have run out of time today.

Expert:  flopcat98 replied 3 months ago.

Hi. I am Rob. I am another expert here at JA. I will be happy to assist you without a remote connetion. First let me explain the message and then give you a possible cause and solution.

As you suspect, that is a message that gmail uses when you send too many messages in a day.

The limit is between 500 and 2000 depending on your account type.

there are other limits for auto forwarded messages and messages forwarded by a rule. The only one that would be lower is that you cant have more than 20 rules auto forwarding messages. The complete list is on this page

https://support.google.com/a/answer/166852?hl=en

If you have not sent many messages. than it is possible that somebody else has hacked your email address to send spam. Or a virus is using your computer to do so.

You might log into www.gmail.com and check the sent folder to see if there are messages that you did not send. But they might not show up if they used their own program to access the gmail server. Spammers are always looking for new accounts to send from. They can get your password ***** legitimate looking emails or offers that ask for your email and password ***** sometimes just through brute force cracking of a simple password.

In any case my suggestion would be to change the password ***** your gmail account. You would then have to change the apple mail program to the new password ***** well.

Then wait a day and see if it clears up.

Though mac's are not very susceptible to virus, you might also run a virus check on the computer just for safety sake.