Dustin, Email Specialist
Experience:  Specializing in Thunderbird, Eudora, Outlook, Outlook for Mac, Mac Mail, Windows Live mail, Incredimail and a few others! Also Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Please: I'm looking for a small 11" approx laptop with built

Customer Question

Richard please: I'm looking for a small 11" approx laptop with built in cellular signal that has backlit keys and is farily rugged. I have a tablet from ATT and it wont properly run my internet website that I need to access several times daily. Do you have any suggestions?
Category: Email
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

The issue you run into at the 11" netbook level, is either it doesnt have a backlit keyboard, or it doesnt have a Sim card slot.

Only the higher end / more expensive models tend to have both a backlit keyboard and a sim card slot ( to allow connection to a cellular data network )

The good news about the higher end models is they are built to last and a bit more rugged then the bargain models. This model for instance,

Has the sim slot, a backlit keyboard, and a standard 3 year warranty since its considered a Higher end HP. You can purchase a used / like new model from that page for 525$ thats been upgraded to 12 gigs of ram. Thats a steal at that price range.

Speaking of price range, if you were willing to go with a 13" model, we could probaly find a backlit keyboard + sim combo a bit cheaper. But if the price isnt prohibitive that used model saves you about 1500$ over the cost of a new 12 gig EliteBook Revolve 810

If you have further questions, let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Awesome! But I can't seem to find that model you suggested is $525 ?
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

On this page

right below where it says operating system windows 7, near the description at the top. If you click where it says 2 used from $525.00, the first used / like new option is selling for 525$, and thats the upgraded version with 12 gigs of ram.