James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company

I have deleted a lot of emails by accident as I was trying

Customer Question

I have deleted a lot of emails by accident as I was trying to clean up and organize my pst files and archived emails. I have spent 2 days restoring and then importing hundreds of files and none of them contain the emails I am looking for. I have Carbonite backup and they helped with the restore but they can't help with Outlook per se. I have now made an even bigger mess of things with all the imports and I am just plain stuck. I have 2 email addresses, and the one I am addressing is the one attached to my business. So I need those emails back. I suspect they're someplace on my computer.
Category: Email
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Also, what version of outlook are you using, 2007, 2010, 2013, or 2008 or 2011?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
pc. windows 8. outlook 2010
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
are we still connected?
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Thank you.

Would you like me to connect to your computer from here and work on the issue directly on screen? If so we can set this up via a secure remote assistance session. That session is guaranteed meaning if I cant help you then you will be entitled to a full refund of all fees.

Otherwise, I can try and assist you via written support alone. Let me know how you'd like to begin.