Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Technician
62741268

My cell phone all of a sudden wants a password, even though

Customer Question

My cell phone all of a sudden wants a password, even though I never did enable the lock and set up a password. I have a Samsung Note 4 and Verizon coverage. I went to Android Device Manager and tried to establish a new password, but all that accomplished is that I now get a screen on my cell phone that says who the phone belongs to (that is, me). There's a little lock on the screen but nothing happens when I press on it.
Category: Email
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 8 months ago.
Hi ,My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. I will be glad to assist you with this.Do you have a Samsung account connected to the Note?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I'm note sure whether I have a Samsung account. Through Sprint I got a Samsung Note 4 in late 2012 and then got a Samsung Note 4 through Verizon in July 2015. I'm not sure whether those transactions involved setting up an account with Samsung.

okay, what is an email address that you may have used to set up an account on the phone. Sometimes during the initial activation it prompts you to set up a google or samsung account.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The email address I would have used is***@******.***. Should I try to look for such a message? If they wanted a gmail account, I would have used***@******.***.

yes, go to this link >CLICK HERE< enter your name and date of birth. Then if you have an account with samsung it will show you your id.

If you do not have a Samsung account then we will have to factory restore the phone. You can then restore your data to the phone that is backed up to your google account.

Let me know if you want to restore and I will give you the steps.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks. ***** clicked on the link you provided it was not clear where to enter my name and date of birth. I am most concerned about losing photos that are on my phone that I had not yet backed up, but having to reenter other info would be a headache as well.

Okay, sorry about that. Click on the link below. Then choose Find, Then choose Find my id or password.

https://findmymobile.samsung.com

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I entered my name and birthdate and it said "there is no matching information."

Okay, unfortunately that is the only option. The pics may have been saved to a memory card. Did you have one installed?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
but I do not know how many pictures might have gone there versus in the phone's central memory.

If you had the card set as the default storage all of the

pics will be on it.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
There is a Samsung service center about a*****away from me; might they be able to do anything?

Not likely, but it is worth a try. Carry your proof of ownership of the phone. Receipts,etc....

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
My phone is being purchased month by month on a kind of installment plan via Verizon. Does that mean that the Verizon store I dealt with might have Samsung account information for me?

No, if your name and birth date did not find your account then there isn't one.