James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company

I have multiple email accounts and calendars. None are

Customer Question

I have multiple email accounts and calendars. None are shared calendars. I am using the app with an outlook plug-in and have used my business email for When I try to schedule a meeting in Outlook using the plug-in, it only works correctly if I use a different calendar which is not my default account nor is it the account I use for
I want to schedule these meetings through my business email account and calendar. That is my current Outlook default account for email and calendar. Yet is not recognizing it. What exists in the background of Outlook or what setting is there that could make connect with a different calendar/account?
Category: Email
Expert:  technicalcat replied 2 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with

What account do you use with now. Is is another account you have setup with outlook?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the email for is***@******.***. It is through GoDaddy and is my default account and default calendar (or so I thought).
Another email I have is***@******.*** which is a MS Exchange account from a different organization I do contract work for. That account/calendar is the one functions properly with even though there is no association between that email and Something in Outlook is pointing it to that account for scheduling meetings on the calendar. What could it be?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm fine with you connecting to my computer.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't want to pay any more for this service.

When you mentioned you wanted a remote connection so we could solve the problem faster and easier, I sent you the offer for remote access. I can continue to help you without remote access, but if you want remote access there is an additional fee for that. Just let me know how you'd like to proceed. Thank You.

*Fred. Sorry for the name mixup :)

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Do not want to pay the additional fee.

OK. What version of Outlook are you running there?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What setting is there in Outlook that would make an app like think that an email account/calendar is the default one for scheduling when I have set a different account as the default?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
14.0.7172.5000 32-bit MS-Office 10

OK. Even if you have already gone through these steps, I would like you visit the link below, and read through it. Then, open your outlook, and go to the list of accounts and verify which email account is set to default. As shown, you'll verify this by seeing which one has a check next to it, and which one does not give you the option to set as default. Also, make note of the PST file location from the default account. Finally, let me know the results of this check so I can further assist.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I've done that before but just did it again. Attaching a snag-it of the account setup and you can see the default as well as the data file.

The problem is likely tied to the fact the other account appears to be your "primary" exchange account. When you go to send a new mail in outlook, what account does it default to use for sending?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
in order to send a new email, my cursor has to be highlighting any one of my email accounts. Whichever one is highlighted is the one that it sends from. If my cursor is not on any of those accounts and I click on new e-mail, it defaults to mysilverbulletsolutions as it should.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
both the silver bullet account and the executive network account have a (1) on the data file. Does that control anything? And if so, I still don't understand why it is going to the exec network account instead of the silver bullet account since the latter is the one that I used when I signed up for doesn't even know about the other email address and yet their Outlook plug-in is synching with that account.???
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have to step away from my PC now. Please continue to try to resolve this since I have been charged for it.

This will require some more troubleshooting and research, so I will opt your question out to other experts for review, as I have to step away from my desk for awhile. If no other experts step in, then I will respond back to you when I'm online. Thanks.

Expert:  jinsmn replied 2 months ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Can I remote onto your Machine and have a look at your problem? It’s fully secure and you can see what I am doing at all times. If you wish please accept my remote support offer and let me know your time zone and the time period you prefer for remote support. Then I can send you the details to connect.