Jason Fenoglio
Jason Fenoglio, Sr. Systems Engineer
Experience:  Sr. Systems Engineer

I have a bellsouth email account and I am trying to change

Customer Question

I have a bellsouth email account and I am trying to change my password. I keep getting redirected to ATT and they ask for user id and security questions that are more than 12 years a go and I do not remember. I want to change the password ***** I received a Lifelock alert about my account.
Category: Email
Expert:  Jason Fenoglio replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. Give me a few minutes to look over your question and I will respond shortly.

Do you have AT&T internet service?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

How about a DirecTV account?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I tried that. I created my bellsouth more ths 12 yrs a go. I just got direct tv a year a go. totally diferent logins

The reason I ask is DirecTV is owned by AT&T which the BellSouth domains are housed under. All of AT&T's e-mail is managed by Yahoo! Mail and if you don't have an AT&T owned account, you're at the mercy of the Yahoo! security questions. Plus, there is no help desk to call for Yahoo!. If you can call the DirecTV help desk, they can try to verify your name with your bellsouth account and can possibly reset your password. I have a SBC Global account and can get help through AT&T/DirecTVs help desk for my account. It's the best chance to get into your account if you can remember your security questions. Their support number is *****(###) ###-#### Ask DirecTV is you can reset the AT&T (BellSouth) account and they may be able to do it for you.