James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company

How to transfer copy label email to usb. The file we already

Customer Question

How to transfer copy label email to usb. The file we already download to computer, but the file name is ***** ***** too big can't put on usb. How we going to do this? We try several way like google drive, drop box and thunderbird.. Please teach me how to do it.
My email is***@******.***
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 months ago.

Hi Alicia, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Can you please tell me what exactly do you want to accomplish? Do you want to copy the MBOX files of your Thunderbird to an external media like USB so that you can transfer it to another computer? If yes, please tell me the exact or actual size of the file you want to copy.

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Dear Jess,Please help us. Our purpose is to extract the emails files from gmail (7.7 GB) and put it on a usb so someone else can read it. When we download these files from gmail, it is always in a MBOX format. What program supports MBOX format? Is there a trusted program to run these files?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 months ago.

Hi Alicia,

Thank you for writing back and yes, I am here to help you.

In order to help you better in your case, can I remotely access your computer so that I can check the issues and accomplish your purpose while you watch on your screen?

Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Dear Jess,
Is there another way to do this? I am honestly not comfortable giving people remote access. I am not having issues downloading the file I want. All I need to know is what program that is safe to run Mbox file. I've tried thunderbird and dropbox but no luck so far. Please help.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 months ago.

Thank you Alicia for writing back and I understand your concerns regarding remote access.

Before I can give you an answer to this, can you please tell me HOW you downloaded the emails in your Gmail to become an MBOX file? Did you use Thunderbird to download your Gmail emails?